Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hear what?

Speak , Lord, for you servant is listening  1 Samuel 3:36-10,19.   Are we listening and what are we listening for?  Do we daily ask God to take our life and will and then during the day listen to what God is asking us to do? 

Some people are into meditating, being quiet for a period of time and open the mind and heart to hear what God may be saying to them.    One method is to repeat over and over a mantra such as Jesus I am love you, other use words like peace, Mary, God, God is love.    As they repeat the mantra  over and over they attempt to clear their mind of lifes distractions and go to that quiet place to relax and listen for God to speak to them.   For me I meditate for about 20 minutes.   This practice does not come easily to some of us.  But the accent is on practice and with time we will be able to do it.

I try to listen with my "gut" when I need to make decisions, sometimes I dont get answers ( thats like not yet) and other times God leads the way (once I get out of the way.)    If I have turned my life and will  over to God (and many times I take it back) answers come easier. 

The question today is what is God trying  to tell you to do with your life.    If you dont know, how about asking him?   He is waiting to help you.
 In the Chapel of Divine Mercy, American New Catholic Church,  2749 NE 10 Ave., Wilton Manors Fl. we have Holy Hour at 7:00 PM on Fridays  and this includes meditation time.  Come and join us and see what comes up for you.   954-567-1930 , Chapel of Divine Mercy, FAther  Father John Joseph Reid  www. newdivinemercy.org

1 comment: