Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Help people find jobs

Last week I went with a friend of mine Michael to get a fresh flower church  arrangement for the Christmas/winter season.  We went to Pottery Barn, Fort Lauderdale .  Got the fake flowers and then started walking around the big box store....every item I picked up was manufactured in China  the only thing I could find that wasn't made here was the bar of candy  at the check out register.  I looked at dishes, none made by our workers here, chairs, same thing, on and on.

Just recently a politician running for federal office berated black poor kids because of their work ethics.
He claimed they didnt have any.   What are we to do export all our youth to china to be able to help them find jobs?    Yesterday I went to Moroney's Religious Art Store, in Fort Lauderdale to buy the new renewed Roman Missal to use at the altar during our Mass.  The clerk told me the Missal was published by the Catholic Book Publishing Corp, New Jersey.  Good deal I said because I am not buying anything that has contributed to our people not being able to find work or being forced to work for minimum wages.  Lo and behold I tear off the cardboard packaging and read the first page and then turn over to the second page  and what jumps out to me is  that this 1341 page book was not printed by anyone in New Jersey, or let alone in the United States.   It was printed in Korea (it didnt say north or south).

And now i am finding the black clerical shirts that priests are putting on their back  are being made in China as well as vestments too.    The Pope yesterday came out talking abut distribution of wealth...there is really only two classes of people here   the super rich and the upper poor (which used to be called the middle class). and of course those at the bottom of the barrel the poor who never have a chance to make life better for themselves or their children.

My fellow church people have to make a stand now and reach to help those who are mentally physically and spiritually suffering because our jobs have been taken away  and sent off shore , the biggest  of which is China.    I personally wont buy any goods made in China.  I went to the less than a year Frigidaire  refrigerator in my kitchen and looked on the inside and saw it was made in Mexico, the Whirpool Microwave  read made in ROC (sneaky for the Republic of China)  Mr. Coffee Maker as well as the filters took more jobs away from us, made in China.    Been asleep all these years but not any more  I dont buy anything unless it is made in the USA  that includes cars, everything and if I cant find something made here I will be yelling and screaming.       Why dont you join me and help our brothers and sisters get back on their feet.....              Father John Joseph Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment