Monday, November 23, 2009

THANKSGIVING WHAT IT MEANS TO US


It means being grateful for love, love that has and is being given and love which we give. At the very top of the list of love received is the love that God gives us each day.

Many of us can recall, when in the darkest of our hours, God steps in and shows us the way out either through our actions or through the guidance of an angel that God sends to us. Some day I will talk about my alcoholism and God giving me these past 36 years of sobriety. And through my sobriety meeting my partner Larry.

Then there is God working through us in our every day life. Sometimes when I feel low and don't know what God wants of me in gathering people together to build a community church, I will get a burst of energy (not bad for a 77 year old ) and go on, reaching out to his people, and someone will come into my life, showing me its the right thing to do

And again, the love which I receive from people, those from the past and those in the present. My partner of so many years, my birth family, my adopted family here in Wilton Manors, and the ordinary people I run into every day, whose face slights up when they say hello, how are you. Those who come to church and sing the new hymns and don't know the words yet.
Those who so much want to help make the church grow.

Life here on earth has shown me so much love and I know that when I go home, back to God, there will be a love which I can not describe here.

I love you all........At Thanksgiving pray for Father Larry and I. We will pray for you at Mass, here in a little shrine, Thanksgiving morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment