Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Letting Go and Letting God

A very long time ago I thought I learned how to Let Go and Let God.  That is, get out of the way and let God run the show.  It seems my sometimes big Ego gets in the way and wants to do what it thinks is best.
Its then I get frustrated, angry with myself ,because it doesn't turn out just how I wanted it.  

A case in point:  my ego says that after all this time I should be running a church, the size of course of a cathedral.  After all I know how to run things.  The key word is run things.  Then God steps in and says wait a minute.  You want all the headaches of running a big church.  After all, there are just two of you and today a newspaper salesman try to sell you an ad for $50..00 and you don't get  anywhere that in donations  in your weekly Mass.  Then the lesson of being humble and accepting humility kicks in.

 Someones once said to me that  humility is knowing what you should be doing, when you should be doing it and how you should be doing.    Lesson learned, for today anyway, that by myself I have to let go and let God show me what, when and how.  And for me this has to be a daily petition to God as I look at the big mega churches and the voice says why haven't you accomplished this yet.? After all, you are 78 and you shcould be sitting back and enjoying a nice fat liturgical pension instead of getting a social security check every month.  And you really deserve a big crew of helpers out there to make the big show a reality.

I am laughing now as the salesman  just called back and said what can you pay and I said $10.00, he is going to his publisher and see what he can do.

In the meantime I will take some time and spend it quietly in the Divine Mercy chapel  and continue to learn more lessons.  And then be ready to get to work again.   Keep going I am hearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment