Sunday, October 24, 2010

SPIRITUAL COVER LETTER

I ran across an article in today's print newspaper written by Deb Dib, author of the Twitter Job Search Guide and she proposed that modern cover letters should be brief and attention getting.  Hmm I thought how could her concept be applied to our reaching out to those catholics who feel fed up, hurt and betrayed.  So, here goes. Oh by the way, she says, each sentence should be less than 140 characters.

1.  I am very aware of the many Roman Catholics who have left or on their way out the door
 .
2.  I found the solution of holding fast to those wonderful spiritual gifts we had received without giving it all up
     cause "they" said so

3.  I have been there, struggling with what I was hearing from the Pope and what I was not feeling in my heart.

4.  I faced there was no place left for me in the Roman Catholic Church but knew I could  not stay any longer.

5.  I had to face that I didn't abandoned the Catholic Church that it had abandoned me and it hurt
.
6.  It was when God  led  me to the Divine Mercy Chapel of the New Catholic Communities that healing began.

7..  Deep in my core I now  felt safe, whole and believed that I truly was loved by God and I was OK

8.   I continued going to the Chapel, talking to other ex Roman Catholic orphans like myself and that we
supported each other
.
9.  Another thing that really worked well for me was to remind myself  to always "Let Go and Let God", that
He would never really  abandon me.

10.  I am still catholic (not roman), I value myself and who God made me , and I now can help others heal too.

Thank you Deb for your help

No comments:

Post a Comment